Happy New Year!!! 🙂
I hope everyone had a super awesome New Year’s Eve and are having an awesome start to 2017 so far. It’s so crazy to think about all the things coming, I don’t even know what to think! 2016’s been full of life lessons that I am oh-so-grateful for- I’ve learned so much about myself. I’ve learned about my strengths and weaknesses, discovered new hobbies, grew up a little, and realized what a true friend really is. 2016’s definitely been a crazy rollercoaster, but I am so ready for a fresh start. I’m ready to focus on what’s to come!!
So many things are happening in this next year, and I can barely wrap my head around it! I’ll be turning 21 (whoop!), doing lots of traveling (hopefully if everything goes as planned), and I’ll be starting my official senior year of college and graduating all in the same semester. Everything’s happening so fast- I feel like I just started college, and I have less than a year until graduation. I’m excited for what’s to come, but I’m not going to lie- it’s terrifying!
Along with everything happening in the next year, I have things I want to work on personally & hope to accomplish within the next 365 days. Every year I make New Year’s resolutions, and every year I fail at achieving them by the month of February. You know how it goes- pledge to lose 20 pounds, shoving my face with ice cream and potato chips 2 weeks later. Jokes aside, this year I’m focusing on smaller, more realistic goals. Hopefully if I can learn to work on the small stuff, the big stuff will follow. 🙂
- Learn Photoshop. Yes, I know… I’m a terrible blogger for not knowing how to use Photoshop! I’ve gotten so used to only slightly editing with the photo app on my Macbook that I just keep putting it off. I’m hoping to bite the bullet & learn how to use it this year. **Shoutout to my freaking amazing friend Melody for helping me design my site logo- it looks exactly how I’d pictured it in my head, & I have no idea what I would’ve done without ya!!
- Drink more water. I definitely don’t drink as much water as I should! Everyone knows water is the key to being and staying healthy- plus I know water’s also a huge part of having nice skin, so hopefully I can keep this one up!
- Get Trendier. If you’re an avid reader of my blog, you know that my style tends to be pretty classic & revolves around the same few types of pieces that I know and love. I really want to start branching out and finding pieces that are still my style but a little out of my comfort zone. This is definitely going to take some trial and error so bare with me 😛
- Eat when I’m hungry and not when I’m not. I have a really bad habit of eating when it’s “meal time.” I have to train myself to understand that if I’m not hungry it’s not illegal to just not eat at the time! Plus, this’ll help me eliminate all my unnecessary snacking!
- Choose more wisely those who I keep close. I’ve had a pretty rough year in realizing who my true friends are and weeding out the “bad.” I know it’s all a life lesson, but if I had chosen more wisely I think I would’ve saved myself a lot of heartbreak. I’m hoping to take what I’ve learned through my experiences and be more picky with the people I choose to surround myself with.
The end! I have a lot of hopes for this upcoming year, and I’m excited to share it all with you. 2016 marks the very beginning of my blogging journey, and it has been a crazy ride so far, let me tell you that! I feel so blessed to be able to share my passion for style with all of you, and to have some amazing people around me supporting me through it all. Here’s to 2017, you guys!! Let’s make it the best one yet 🙂